For the past few years, New York Says Thank You Foundation has operated five inter-related programs focused on survivor empowerment in disaster relief, education, and the arts. On February 1, 2015 we proudly spun-off our 9/12 Generation Project education division to American Public Education Foundation.
WHAT WE DO?
We Transform Tragedy into HOPE
9/11 Anniversary Barn Raising
Disaster Relief, Survivor Empowerment, Pay It Forward
- We’ve helped rebuild 20 communities
- 1 School, 1 church, 1 Boy Scout Camp
- 2 4-H Community Centers
- 1 Adaptive Ski Lodge
- 2 Animal Rescue facilities
- Exploring first international rebuilding opportunity in the Philippines
National 9/11 Flag
Historic Restoration, 50 State grassroots restoration tour to inspire citizenship, and promote sevice and patriotism.
- 30,000 stitchers
- 50-state tour complete.
- Flag donated to the National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Display scheduled for May 2015
- Estimated 300mm media impressions
- Historical, educational collateral in development
Hurricane Sandy First
Responder Building Fund (closed 8/2014)
Disaster Relief, Survivor Empowerment, Pay It Forward, Citizenship
- Rebuilt 130 homes of under-insured active duty NYC first responder families displaced by Hurricane Sandy
- Among top rebuilding organizations in New York area following Hurricane Sandy
As of February 2015 The 9/12 Generation Project is operated by The APEF.
CITIZENSHIP, EDUCATION & SERVICE
Goal is to inspire, educate 1.5 Million middle and high school students with positive lessons of citizenship from 9/12 and activate in service projects to transform their communities, the nation, and the world.
- 500,000+ Students activated
- 1,000 Schools in 13 States
- Endorsed by National School Boards Association and Natl. PTA Association
Stars of HOPE
Disaster Relief and Community Arts Program, Survivor Empowerment,
Pay It Forward
To empower children and families worldwide to transform communities impacted by disaster through colorful art and inspiring messages of hope.
- 57 Communities in U.S. to date
- 34,000 + Healing Stars created
- 15 States
- 6 Countries (Japan, Ireland, Kenya, Israel, Rwanda, France)